Due to the Covid-19 outbreak we have put in new measures to open securely from 4th July 2020. We have tried to make these changes with our customers and employees as our priority, by keeping service disruption minimal but safety to be paramount.
Please continue to read to see what changes we have introduced and how we will be achieving them.
The Fighting Cocks App
Upon arrival, you will see that we have put in place a host meet and greet point to gain entry with a socially distanced queue system. At The Fighting Cocks we pride ourselves on giving a personal service. This particular system presents us with the opportunity to answer any questions our customers may have as well as allows us to outline important guidelines which we respectfully request to be followed. We will also present you with disposable menus.
- Our customers who wish to sit inside – Please use the app to order food and drinks where possible. If you wish not to use the app we will come to you to take your order for food and drinks. We will then bring your drinks to you and deliver your food when it is ready. Payment will need to be made at the end of your visit, at the bar by one person if possible.
- Our customers who wish to sit outside – Please use the app to order food and drinks where possible. If you wish not to use the app please order your food and drinks at the ice-cream hut. We will then bring your drinks to you and deliver your food when it is ready.
- Children must be supervised at all times and our outdoor play areas will be open. Each play area has distancing and hygiene guidance which we request to be understood before use – various signs in each area will be available to read.
- We are extremely lucky that we have plenty of space internally and externally. You may not notice a great change but we have moved and removed some tables to our usual layout to adhere to the government guidelines.
- Every 30 minutes a designated staff member will circulate the premises and sanitise touchpoint hot spots to include doors, handles, surfaces, toilets, and play equipment.
- We politely request that all our customers adhere to social distancing, cleanliness, and other signage on our premises at all times.
Groups, bookings and supporting the NHS Track and Trace
Bookings are welcomed! We always advise booking in advance to avoid disappointment however they are not essential. For all customers regardless of if you have booked or not, the following guidelines are essential:
- No more than 12 people.
- No more than 2 households/bubbles
- No more than 2 hours for any sitting
As a routine procedure for any booking we have always taken a telephone number to make contact should it be required. Therefore we will continue to use this procedure to support the NHS Track and Trace policy. Booking is not essential. Customers who have not made a booking are welcome to turn up as bookings are not essential. However, customers who have not made a booking will be asked to supply minimal details to support the NHS Track and Trace system. This is optional and will not result in no entry.
Our staff are a credit to The Fighting Cocks Ltd and we will not tolerate abuse of any kind. For any situation that may arise where our staff is mistreated, the offender(s) will be asked to leave and the police will be involved if necessary.
PPE is readily available for all our staff to use at their own discretion and all staff has been issued with guidance to maintain our business global high standard of hygiene to include sanitisation and hand washing.
Covid-19 Risk Assessment
We welcomed our private health and safety assessor to our site on Wednesday 1st July 2020. Our risk assessment was carried out in full and we are ecstatic to announce that our assessor believed us to have achieved “above and beyond” the requirements to open securely in relation to the Covid-19 Government Guidelines for Pubs, Restaurants, and Cafes. As soon as it has been printed we will publish our assessment on our website as the guidelines advise us to do so.
We truly hope that all operational changes and procedures give our customers the confidence to use The Fighting Cocks for their own pleasure during this unprecedented time. We thank you for all the support (past, present and future) which has given us the encouragement to continue to achieve all that we can in this unknown territory. Welcome back!
Sam & Donna Shaw – Owners of The Fighting Cocks Ltd
Laura Swan – Manager The Fighting Cocks Ltd
Dated Friday 3rd July 2020